Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Revisiting America

We haven't accomplished a lot in the last couple of days, so I feel compelled to tell you all about it.  To my daughter-in-law, Ann, "I LOVE MY KINDLE."  I read a lot so I was concerned about having enough books to last me for the year.  I could picture us with a U-Haul loaded with books being dragged along behind.  With my Kindle, not a problem.

Lou and I have been having "temperature wars."  As an example, the temp this morning is 34 and she has the air conditioner going in our room.  Those of you who know Lou know that I'm not kidding.  She turned it down for me, though, when I had to be careful about getting a chill. 

The doctor had warned me about fever, chill, red streaks running up my leg, etc.  I have a recurring battle with staph.  When I've had enough antiboitics to cure a small city, we don't kill it, we just get it to lie dormant.  But I refuse to let that get in the way of anything we want to do on the trip.  I'll never have this opportunity again and I'm in for the whole ride.  Just like staph, I'm not that easy to get rid of.

We have our reservations firmed up for the next 3 stops and Ketchikan in October.  In some, we have "kitchenettes" and in some full kitchens.  I just have to stop Lou from shopping for the kitchen (she asked me to).  We now have mixing bowls with lids for storage, sets of different sizes of plastic bowls with lids for storage, foil baking pans with lids for storage, etc.  You do the math (the math being the cubic feet of storage in a Buick Enclave and the volume to be packed therein).

We're having lots of fun even when we aren't doing something extraordinary.  Just the freedom of being on this adventure is stimulating.  Besides, right now we're in New Orleans and it's a great city.  Laissez les bon temps roulez, or, let the good times roll.

Janie

2 comments:

  1. Yes, please, keep the good times rolling! Thanks for continuing the vignettes that let us participate with you long distance.
    Love you both!
    jo anne

    ReplyDelete