Friday, October 14, 2011

Revisiting America

The longer I wait the harder it is to blog and I did say I would wait until after Shirley visited to tell you about so many of the attractions here.
I was so excited to see Shirley, Marge, Nancy and Denise walk up the ramp from the ferry and finally be in Ketchikan, Alaska after having left Birmingham around 4:00 a.m., with stops in Atlanta (naturally), Seattle, and then the ferry ride from Gravina Island, only three minutes, but the only way to get here. Do you remember the congressional scandal, "The Bridge to Nowhere"? That would have been the bridge connecting Gravina Island to Ketchikan, but it never happened, so the ferry ride.
I hadn't given much thought to five of us riding in my vehicle, but the back seats were removed to give me more storage room, so Shirley was the one who sat on a little box, with a cushion on top, between the two middle seats. She didn't seem to mind, said it was quite comfortable, until I braked quickly and it sent her plunging toward the front. It didn't happen too many times to which Shirley said, "thank goodness". Needless to say, they were all quite weary so we all retired early after a light supper of soup, salad, and sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment